Sometimes, you sit at home, unable to motivate yourself to do anything. You turn on the TV and look for something to watch, but nothing interests you, so you sit there in a lethargic, melancholy state, and you just don’t know why. Nothing has happened to make you this way, but yet here you are. What could be causing this depression? There are those out there who believe that unexplained feelings in this life could be caused by things that happened to you a lifetime ago … literally.
Getting to the root of these problems can be difficult if something happened in a past life. As a person suffering from symptoms, you may not even be aware that you have had any past lives and you will not know how to access them. This is where past life regression comes in.
Using hypnosis techniques, a therapist can help you gain access to your past life memories and help you use them to make your everyday life a little better.
A LITTLE HISTORY
Past lives and reincarnation have been a central part of religions for thousands of years. Many people believe that our lives are lived in order to learn lessons from the world, and carry that forward to future lives in an effort to reach a higher being. Beliefs such as this mean that the bad things that happen to you in the past can affect your life just as much as the good.
The idea of past life regression is not a new one. During the 2nd century BCE, an Indian writer, Patañjali, believed that the human soul could become burdened through the accumulation of karma from previous lives. Patañjali believed that, by regression to past lives, a person could help relieve current problems by coming to an understanding about your souls experiences. This belief carries over to modern day therapy techniques.
WHY SHOULD WE DO IT?
Some people may think that learning about their past lives is crucial to solving their problems in this one. This is not necessarily the case. Today, you have all of the tools and information you need to overcome any problems you may be having with your life. There are plenty of books, therapists and friends that can help you solve your problems. What past life regression can do for you, though, is offer you a clue as to what is wrong. Finding those clues can make overcoming the obstacles in your life much easier.
Other people may be interested in regression just out of curiosity. Perhaps they believe in past lives, and want to find out what they were in another life. Others may be non-believers or are skeptical. These people want to try the therapy to find out what all the fuss is about. Whatever the reason, there is no harm in looking into a regression session. Even if you don’t fully believe, you may still come away with a little insight into yourself.
HOW DO I FIND A THERAPIST?
• So, you’ve decided to take the leap of faith and look into your past lives. Now, you will want to find a therapist who does past life regressions. Where can you find one? Well it turns out it isn’t that hard:
• Find a Hypnotherapist. Many conventional hypnotherapists are also able to conduct a past life regression. Some won’t talk about the sessions unless asked directly. It is still considered to be controversial, so there may be some hesitation to talk on the part of the therapist.
• Ask Around. The best way to find a good hypnotherapist is to ask about them. Talk to friends or family who may have gone to a session and find out from them whether the therapist cmay be a fit for you. You can also look online for customer reviews. Try to find a hypnotherapist with a large number of positive reviews.
• Talk to the Therapists. Calling and talking to the therapist can give you a better idea if they are a good fit for you. Do they make you feel comfortable? Do they answer your questions to your satisfaction?
• Book your Appointment. Once you find a therapist you like, go ahead and book your appointment. You have taken your first steps to better your quality of life.
WHAT HAPPENS NOW?
Now that you have booked your appointment, you want to know what happens during the session. Sessions can take a fair amount of time (over 90 minutes), so make sure that you leave plenty of time on your schedule to be at the session on time, and allow for the session to run long. Not having to worry about being somewhere else can help you relax and get the most out of your time.
When you arrive, the following things happen:
• Get to Know Each Other. The therapist and the client talk to each other for a short time in an effort to get to know one another, and built some trust and familiarity.
• Relaxation. The therapist will create an environment that allows the patient to enter a relaxed state. Being relaxed makes it easier to enter a trance state.
• Focus. You will be asked to focus on the reason you came for the therapy session in the first place.
• Explore. The therapist and patient begin exploring past lives. The feelings associated with events in the past are also explored to help give some insight into your current life.
• Discuss the Experiences. After the session is complete, you and the therapist can discuss what you experienced while regressed. During this discussion, you will receive some insight into your past and present, hopefully helping you resolve the issues that brought you to the hypnotherapist in the first place.
While past life regression is not for everyone, it can be a useful tool to help you understand some issues that you may not have been aware of. You will be taking part in customs and beliefs that have been around for thousands of years and, whether you’re a believe or not, you will know that you have taken part in something very old and sacred.